Thursday 5 November 2015

Spring Favourites

Thursday 5 November 2015


Beauty favourites change with the seasons, so I thought I'd share with you some things I've been loving this Spring.




Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne

To me this is the perfect Spring fragrance because it's a nice soft floral...

But seriously, it's such a lovely fragrance and I can't think of a better time of year to wear it. It is a bit pricey, however if you're looking to splurge then I'd highly recommend checking out the Jo Malone counter. Some of my other favourites are the English Pear & Freesia, and Wood Sage & Sea Salt.


The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer

An oldie but a goodie, Mary Lou is the perfect light golden highlight. If you prefer subtle, natural looking glow, this probably isn't the one for you, but if you're after a strong highlight, give this one a try.


Clinique Superdefense for Eyes SPF 15 Eye Cream 

I've been using this sample that I got in a gift with purchase for a couple of months, and it makes my concealer go on a lot smoother under my eyes and helps prevent any settling in fine lines. It also has the added benefit of SPF 15 which is very important, particularly around the eye area where we's prone to wrinkles.


MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

This is a beautiful lightweight foundation that gives a natural slightly sheeny finish. I can only use this on "good skin days" because it has very little coverage, but this is my absolute favourite foundation to use on clients who have clear skin because it looks so natural and stays on well. 


MAC Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush

When I first got this, I didn't use it for a long time because I was a bit put off by how dark it looked in the pan. However when I finally used it I realised because of the Sheertone formula it actually comes out quite light and sheer on the cheeks and it has a beautiful fine gold shimmer through it which adds the most beautiful glow to the cheeks. I think this has overtaken MAC's Melba as my favourite blush.


MAC Pink Plaid Lipstick

Most days I tend to wear nude or "MLBB" shades, however I think it can be nice to wear a pop of pink on the lips during the Spring time, and this is such an underrated shade by MAC. My favourite way to wear it is lightly patted in to the lips for a more subtle, wearable look.


Lovisa Rings

Dainty jewelry is a nice way to add a little something extra to an outfit, and these Lovisa rings are my go-tos. They're from the 9ct gold plated collection that they seem to have discontinued unfortunately, but I actually can't believe how well they have lasted without tarnishing considering how cheap they were!


2 comments:

  1. You've mentioned some of my favourites too! I've been using Mary-Lou for my inner eye corner highlight and cupids bow for that intense highlighting! I seriously love MAC's sheer tone blush and peachykeen is one of my favourite!

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite cheek combo at the moment! I think I want to get more of the Sheertone blushes, they're great!

      Delete

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014