Wednesday 30 April 2014

Illamasqua Mini Haul

Wednesday 30 April 2014
I've been meaning to try out Illamasqua products for a while now, since I found out how fairly priced they are (read about their price drop here). For some reason I find it's a brand I tend to overlook a lot of the time, but last week I finally stopped by their counter at Myer and picked up a couple of things.




Skin Base Lift Concealer - (Light 1) - $28

This concealer was recommended to me for both covering blemishes and for under-eye concealing, which at first seemed a bit iffy to me as I generally avoid using products with light reflecting particles on blemishes; however I've actually found this concealer to be great for both. 
Initially the price sounded very fair to me, however when I hit pan after only a week, I checked and realised that this only contains 2g of product, which is very little compared to other concealers (eg. Mac Studio Finish Concealer is $32 for 7g of product). 
So as much as I do like the product, I'll probably try and find another one which offers better value for money. 


Speckled Nail Varnish - (Speckle) - $5

This nail polish range was actually launched last year around Easter time I believe, and a friend of mine bought it in a few shades then. At the time I thought they were super cute, so when I saw it on clearance for just $5 I figured I may as well buy it. 
According to the company, this nail polish range was "Inspired by the fragility and beauty of irregular markings upon bird eggs", and it comes in a range of shades (see here).
This nail polish is quite sheer, so it takes a few coats to build up, or it can be painted over a white base for a more vibrant result. 


All in all, I'm happy with the products I bought, however I will probably not repurchase the concealer in particular due to the poor value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014